LITTLE MEDICAL SCHOOL
Attention animal lovers! “Little Vets” will adopt a stuffed dog and discover how to evaluate, treat, vaccinate and care for their dog. Receive supplies to care for their dog and a Little Veterinarian School Diploma upon completion.
CLASS 1 - First Aid!
- Learn how to respond when first aid is needed
- Identify items that should be in a first aid kit
- Explain basic ways to approach common injuries.
- Create a take home first aid kit
CLASS 2 - The Wonderful Brain!
- Learn the key facts of the brain and how it works
- Identify the lobes of the brain and what each lobe controls
- Understand the anatomy of the brain by building a model
CLASS 3 - That is Gross!
- Learn what gas is and why we burp and belch
- Find out why mucus and boogers are important.
- Make and take home homemade snot.
CLASS 4 - Your Spine is Fine!
- Learn what the spine does and why it is important
- Learn the different levels of the spine.
- Make a spine model
CLASS 5 - Pharmacy!
- Explain what a prescription is and what information it must contain
- Gain an understanding of how pharmacists dispense prescriptions
- Practice writing prescriptions and know what to consider before prescribing
CLASS 6 - Class Review and Medical Bingo
- Discuss the key concepts you learned in the Little Medical School course
- Medical Bingo and prepare for graduation
- Understand what it takes to become a doctor and design your own hospital.
CLASS 7 - Medical Fun and Graduation!
- Free demo class for friends and family
- Students get to be instructors
- Recite the Little Medical School Oath and Graduate
Items students go home with: White Coat (Disposable), ID badge, First Aid Kit, Brain Model and worksheet, Homemade Snot, Spine Model and worksheet, Bingo Card, design your own office worksheet and Diploma
Little Medical School® brings medicine, science and the importance of health to children in an entertaining, exciting and fun way. Children learn while having fun as they dress up like doctors, use medical instruments and understand how the body works.
Our mission is to teach school children ages 4-12 about the exciting field of medicine. This is done through hands-on demonstrations, crafts and games. Children are actively engaged as they explore the field of medicine.
Our educational enrichment programs provide a fun, innovative, and engaging curriculum. We create an opportunity to experience role playing using tools that real doctors use.
We offer after school programming, birthday parties, and special events that we can customize to fit your needs. All of our curriculum is aligned with STEM objectives.
OTHER AVAILABLE PROGRAMS
The mission of Little Medical School® is to teach elementary and middle school children about the exciting field of medicine. Through hands-on demonstrations, crafts, and games, children are actively engaged as they explore the world of medicine.
Little Nursing School® encourages elementary school children to dress up an play as they explore the exciting world of nursing. Using interactive demonstrations, crafts and games, kids learn how the body works and how to use instruments that real nurses use.
Little Pharmacy School® uses the power of role-play, hands- on demonstrations, crafts, and games to simulate a “mini-pharmacy school” experience. Little Pharmacy School will teach the principles of medication safety by encouraging students to assume the role of a pharmacist.
Little Veterinarian School® encourages elementary school children to role play and explore the exciting world of veterinarians. Using interactive demonstrations, crafts and games, kids learn how to take care of a pet and use instruments that real veterinarians use.
Little Dental School™ uses the power of role-play, hands-on demonstrations, crafts, and games to simulate a “mini-dental school” experience. Little Dental School will teach the principles of a healthy mouth and oral hygiene by encouraging the students to assume the role of a dentist. *** COMING SOON ***
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
The class is taught by Arumugham Raghunathan. He goes by ‘Ragoo’ and has a Masters in Genetics, Diploma in Sericulture and Ph.D in Life Sciences with a focus in Neuroscience. He later did his postdoctoral research at Wesleyan and Yale Universities in Neuroscience, Genetics and Molecular Biology for 7 yrs. Ragoo then worked at a start-up biotech company in CT developing and commercializing new biotechnologies. He then moved on to working as a Field Application Specialist in the field of Genetic Engineering and Functional Genomics. For the past 12 years, Ragoo has been working as a Business Development Executive at various biotech companies with a focus in enabling pharmaceutical companies in developing better and effective drugs to treat debilitating diseases. Ragoo enjoys painting, acting and entrepreneurship.
Payment and Missed Class Policy:
Training requires consistency in order to achieve the most benefit. However, we understand that students may occasionally need to miss a class. Use the following guidelines to ensure that you get the most out of your classes at The Academy of Creative Arts.
- Your fees are due on or before the first class in a month
- Payment may be made by cash, check or credit card
- If you pay for several months in advance and cannot complete all months, we will refund months not used when notice is received before the beginning of the month
- If you or your child plan to miss a class - 48 hour advance notice is required - so another student can be accommodated - if the student does not provide 48 hour notice, student can coordinate the make-up class with the instructor.
- Your monthly fee pays for your space in class for the month. It is your responsibility to make up classes if you or your child miss the class.
- One makeup class will be offered each month. During any month that you are enrolled, you may make up a class by attending any other appropriate session (please coordinate with the instructor for scheduling the make up class). Make up classes should be completed within 60 days of missing the class. Fees for missed classes are not refundable.
- If you are having trouble scheduling a make up class, please let us know and we will try to accommodate you
- Class timings and schedule are subject to change
We wish you a wonderful learning experience - these policies are required so that we can be respectful of the instructors time and commitment.