OBSERVATIONAL DRAWING BY JUDITH ANN COOPER
Judith Ann Cooper a very well known artist residing and Lexington. Judith currently teaches at Harvard and will be offering Observational Drawing for Adults at Academy of Creative Arts.
Although trained as a painter, Judith loves "creating" utilizing many different materials like fibers and textiles, clay, graphite and pastels, and mixed media with found objects.
After earning a BFA from Boston University, with a major in painting and a minor in education, she taught art in the Gloucester Public Schools for 29 years, where her primary focus was on high school courses in ceramics, drawing, and portfolio preparation for those applying to art school.
Judith received Masters with a specialization in Art and Self-Transformation from Institute of Transpersonal Psychology in California and Lesley University in Cambridge, MA.
Judith is particularly interested in working with individuals and groups who wish to delve more deeply into their life process and create a piece of art that honors that journey
Class Schedule and Description
Observational Drawing for Adults – Learning to See / Learning to Draw
Learning how to actually SEE what you are looking at is the key to being able to put it down on paper. Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain, by Betty Edwards will be used as a foundation for this course. Contours/edges, negative/positive space, composition, perspective and shading techniques will be covered. Still life materials (such as pottery, fruits, vegetables, flowers and other materials from nature etc.) will be used as our subject.
Class Duration: 2 hour class every week
Fees: $40 per student (for the 2 hour class)
Students: 4 – 10 students per class - 8 week session
- Sunday: 11 am – 1 pm
To register and pay online - Please Select Your Class below:
Payment and Missed Class Policy:
Training requires consistency in order to achieve the most benefit. However, we understand that students may occasionally need to miss a class. Use the following guidelines to ensure that you get the most out of your classes at The Academy of Creative Arts.
- Your fees are due on or before the first class in a month
- Payment may be made by cash, check or credit card
- If you pay for several months in advance and cannot complete all months, we will refund months not used when notice is received before the beginning of the month
- If you or your child plan to miss a class - 48 hour advance notice is required - so another student can be accommodated - if the student does not provide 48 hour notice, student can coordinate the make-up class with the instructor.
- Your monthly fee pays for your space in class for the month. It is your responsibility to make up classes if you or your child miss the class.
- One makeup class will be offered each month. During any month that you are enrolled, you may make up a class by attending any other appropriate session (please coordinate with the instructor for scheduling the make up class). Make up classes should be completed within 60 days of missing the class. Fees for missed classes are not refundable.
- If you are having trouble scheduling a make up class, please let us know and we will try to accommodate you
- Class timings and schedule are subject to change
We wish you a wonderful learning experience - these policies are required so that we can be respectful of the instructors time and commitment.