BALL ROOM DANCE BY DAVID JOHNSON
6 Week Workshop - Get Ready to impress your friends...
Fun and sensual, Swing dancing has become one of the most popular dances in the nation in a few short years. Originally based on Mambo, swing is a social dance, the basics of which can be learned quickly, but with enough depth and flair to challenge and excite even the most advance dancers!
In this course we will take you from the very beginning and, over the course of 4 weeks, teach you a fun and flirty routine that you can enjoy with any partner anywhere. You will learn the basics of the dance and several figures from an expert instructor, explore basic technique and lead/follow skills, and have a fantastic time dancing with Latin music in a warm and friendly atmosphere. Whether you want a fun date with your significant other or don’t have a partner and just want to dance and socialize, you will learn from the ground up how to lead or follow the routine and add your own personal flair to your dance! All are welcome so come and join us!!!
DURATION: 1 hour class every week
FEES: For 6 week session - Couple - $150 & Individual - $90 - 1 hr class (Optional Childcare available at $10/hr)
LOCATION: 12 A Street, Burlington, MA 01803
TIME: New Workshop to be announced soon...
To manually register and pay by check/cash - please click on "MANUAL REGISTRATION FORM".
Whether you want to learn how to feel confident when you go out dancing, have choreography made for your wedding, have a fun date night with your partner, or are interested in competing in dance someday, we can teach you how to get there!
Whether you want Group or Private Lessons - CALL US - WE CAN HELP
To register and pay online - Please Select Your Class below:
About the instructor: David Johnson
David began dancing at the age of 21 when he, perhaps just like you, wanted to explore the incredible beauty, passion, and grace of ballroom dance. Enrolling as a student at one of the most well-regarded studios in the New York area, he proceeded to study under a group of teachers led by Ukrainian National Champions Sasha and Olga Bylim. Later, as time progressed, David decided to devote much of his time to teaching others, even as he continued to learn and deepen his own experience in the field of Ballroom and Rhythm dancing.
Now, having taught those with all manner of goals from competitive to just basic social fun, and students from the ages of 7 all the way to 96, he continues to enjoy sharing the beauty and magic of ballroom with people everywhere!
Ballroom and Rhythm dance styles have been developing and refined throughout the European world for hundreds of years and everyone has seen pictures of the elegance and grace of a roomful of bright dresses and suits gliding effortlessly over the floor in a huge Vienna ballroom! What many do not realize, is that the same dancers who love the light power of the Waltz, also dance the exotic and sensual Latin-style dances of rumba, cha-cha, salsa and many others. In fact, those are all grouped into the social and competitive ballroom dance styles and use many similar skills!
Ballroom dancing is truly as skill for all ages and children can start as early as they like, and adults can continue dancing for their entire lives. Aside from the physical fitness and fun of dancing, ballroom has also been shown to stimulate the brain and help prevent neural degeneration in much the same way playing games such as chess does!
Payment and Missed Class Policy:
Training requires consistency in order to achieve the most benefit. However, we understand that students may occasionally need to miss a class. Use the following guidelines to ensure that you get the most out of your classes at The Academy of Creative Arts.
- Your fees are due on or before the first class in a month
- Payment may be made by cash, check or credit card
- If you pay for several months in advance and cannot complete all months, we will refund months not used when notice is received before the beginning of the month
- If you or your child plan to miss a class - 48 hour advance notice is required - so another student can be accommodated - if the student does not provide 48 hour notice, student can coordinate the make-up class with the instructor.
- Your monthly fee pays for your space in class for the month. It is your responsibility to make up classes if you or your child miss the class.
- One makeup class will be offered each month. During any month that you are enrolled, you may make up a class by attending any other appropriate session (please coordinate with the instructor for scheduling the make up class). Make up classes should be completed within 60 days of missing the class. Fees for missed classes are not refundable.
- If you are having trouble scheduling a make up class, please let us know and we will try to accommodate you
- Class timings and schedule are subject to change
We wish you a wonderful learning experience - these policies are required so that we can be respectful of the instructors time and commitment.