ACRYLIC PAINTING FOR YOUTH/ADULTS BY EMILY MAY PASSMAN
Emily is a painter of oils and acrylics, known for her expressive, loose style. She works from observation, both in the studio and “plein air” and describes her work as a ‘reaction to’ the observation of a subject, with a loaded brush, as opposed to a rendering of a “pretty” scene. She paints in a method that the application and treatment of her brushwork have as much importance as the objects or scene she is painting. Her work is in galleries in New England and private collections internationally.
After earning both a fine arts degree and a Master’s in Education, she had a successful career as an educator and graphic designer. She teaches privately in her barn-studio in Lexington, Massachusetts and at various educational venues.
Class Description :
This class will focus on how to paint using a still-life as reference. You will learn to mix color, observe, make a quick sketch, and create a good composition. Start to understand values, and learn basic color and brush techniques. Let’s simplify the world around us and learn to make acrylic paintings!
Date: August 16th & 17th
Time: 9:30am - 12:30pm | 3 hour class per day
Fees: 2 day session - $99
Students: 5 – 12 students per class
Payment and Missed Class Policy:
Training requires consistency in order to achieve the most benefit. However, we understand that students may occasionally need to miss a class. Use the following guidelines to ensure that you get the most out of your classes at The Academy of Creative Arts.
- Your fees are due on or before the first class in a month
- Payment may be made by cash, check or credit card
- If you pay for several months in advance and cannot complete all months, we will refund months not used when notice is received before the beginning of the month
- If you or your child plan to miss a class - 48 hour advance notice is required - so another student can be accommodated - if the student does not provide 48 hour notice, student can coordinate the make-up class with the instructor.
- Your monthly fee pays for your space in class for the month. It is your responsibility to make up classes if you or your child miss the class.
- One makeup class will be offered each month. During any month that you are enrolled, you may make up a class by attending any other appropriate session (please coordinate with the instructor for scheduling the make up class). Make up classes should be completed within 60 days of missing the class. Fees for missed classes are not refundable.
- If you are having trouble scheduling a make up class, please let us know and we will try to accommodate you
- Class timings and schedule are subject to change
We wish you a wonderful learning experience - these policies are required so that we can be respectful of the instructors time and commitment.