INTRO TO JAVA PROGRAMMING
- Age Group : Grades 8 - 12
- Students: 10 students per class
- Fees : $399
- Schedule: TBD
What to Bring: Laptop with Java development Kit and Eclipse IDE installed. Instructions to download the required software will be send one week prior to camp upon course registration. Students should bring their Lunch/snack for short lunch break.
Description : The Introduction to Programming with Java class is for students going into grades 8-12. In this class, students will be introduced to the basics of computer programming language using Java platform and Eclipse IDE. In this hands on camp students learn about programmatic and logical thinking using algorithm development and practice basic programming and object oriented structures with basic error handling and debugging techniques. Students are also exposed to basic graphical objects that can be used for game programming development. This camp can serve a strong foundation for students wanting to take basic or AP programming courses in High School while having fun. No prior programming experience required.
Instructor : Neeta Kalve is a software professional with 15+ years of working experience in software development industry in healthcare and education sector. She holds a Masters degree in Computer Science and Engineering. She has taught programming and web development courses in summer school and after school classes privately and in community education school. She believes in individual student strength and enjoy finding ways to help students reach their maximum potential while making teaching programming fun and challenging.
Payment and Missed Class Policy:
Training requires consistency in order to achieve the most benefit. However, we understand that students may occasionally need to miss a class. Use the following guidelines to ensure that you get the most out of your classes at The Academy of Creative Arts.
- Your fees are due on or before the first day of the camp, the extended day payments can be made on the last day the student attends the program
- Payment may be made by cash, check or credit card
- If you pay for several weeks in advance and cannot complete all weeks, we will refund weeks not used when notice is received 48 hours before beginning of the week
- If you or your child plan to miss a class - 48 hour advance notice is required - so another student can be accommodated - if the student does not provide 48 hour notice and does not attend the session 50% of the fees will be refunded. If the student attends part of the camp and misses the rest, the student will not be eligible for any refund.
- Class timings and schedule are subject to change
We wish you a wonderful learning experience - these policies are required so that we can be respectful of the instructors time and commitment.