YOGA & MEDITATION FOR KIDS
Fall Classes Start Sept 7th
- 6:30 - 7:30 pm/Thursday
- 7 - 14 years
- Walk-in - $15
- 5 class package - $50
- 10 class package - $100
Life today is as challenging for kids as it is for adults. Although the new generation is way more advanced and intellectually evolved than previous ones, the constant demand for performance puts a lot of pressure on the young ones. Yoga and meditation have proven to be extremely effective in relaxing the mind and body deeply to reduce stress. Here are some of the well-known benefits of yoga and meditation for kids
- Boosts immunity
- Improves memory
- Increases focus
- Improves physical strength
- Helps in maintaining a peaceful and calm state of mind
- Boosts creativity and problem solving
Weekly sessions include:
- Yoga routine
- Guided meditation
- Discussion on virtues
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
Dhanashree Ramachandran is a certified Art of Living instructor. She has taught yoga, meditation and Kriya to hundreds of adults and children in India and the US.
Growing up in a family of social and spiritual leaders in southwest India, Dhanashree developed interest in meditation, yoga and chanting at a very young age. Over the years she has received training from acknowledged teachers like Shankaracharya and Sri Sri Ravishankar. She also shares an intimate connection with Assisi of Rochester, NY. An ardent reader, Dhanashree has a special interest in philosophy, art and yogic literature. Dhanashree holds a master’s degree in Graphic design and Communication and has enjoyed an illustrious career in the field of applied art and design. Her students have regularly reported being benefitted from her creative teaching style, enthusiastic outlook to yogic practices and depth of knowledge. She enjoys acting, cooking and writing in her free time.
Payment and Missed Class Policy:
Training requires consistency in order to achieve the most benefit. However, we understand that students may occasionally need to miss a class. Use the following guidelines to ensure that you get the most out of your classes at The Academy of Creative Arts.
- Your fees are due on or before the first class in a month
- Payment may be made by cash, check or credit card
- If you pay for several months in advance and cannot complete all months, we will refund months not used when notice is received before the beginning of the month
- If you or your child plan to miss a class - 48 hour advance notice is required - so another student can be accommodated - if the student does not provide 48 hour notice, student can coordinate the make-up class with the instructor.
- Your monthly fee pays for your space in class for the month. It is your responsibility to make up classes if you or your child miss the class.
- One makeup class will be offered each month. During any month that you are enrolled, you may make up a class by attending any other appropriate session (please coordinate with the instructor for scheduling the make up class). Make up classes should be completed within 60 days of missing the class. Fees for missed classes are not refundable.
- If you are having trouble scheduling a make up class, please let us know and we will try to accommodate you
- Class timings and schedule are subject to change
We wish you a wonderful learning experience - these policies are required so that we can be respectful of the instructors time and commitment.