PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP BY ART & MEMORIES FOUNDER - DYUTI MAJUMDAR
Dyuti Majumdar, is an accomplished wedding and potrait photographer in the Boston area. Dyuti has been photographing since his teenage years, starting with a small Agfa 200 camera received from his grandfather. He currently focuses on portrait and wedding photography (www.artandmemories.com), although uses every excuse to shoot streets, travel, nature, macro etc. He wants to share the fun of photography with everyone. This would be his first workshop with ACA aimed at beginners.
4 Hour PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
This workshop is primarily geared towards beginners. We will cover the following topics:
- Gear (camera, lens, flash, reflector)
- Technical (f-stop, shutter speed, ISO, metering)
- Light (ambient vs strobe)
- Composition (transform any subject into a good photograph)
- Small details (ones we tend to forget)
- Post-processing (photoshop and its alternatives)
COURSE DESCRIPTION AND SCHEDULE:
Hour 1-2: At ACA location: Going over the above topics (through a slideshow and chalkboard discussion)
Hour 3: Shoot at an indoor/outdoor location: nature, portraiture, macro etc
Hour 4: Back at ACA location: how to post-process images and questions
LOCATION - ACA location + TBD (Indoor/Outdoor)
Class Duration - 4 hours | Fees: $120 per person | Date/Time: TBD
Students: 4 – 8 students per class | Location: 12 A Street, Burlington, MA 01803
- Although its not necessary for the workshop participants to be familiar with all the technical know-how, previous knowledge certainly helps while we go over technical topics. For example, check this YouTube video for the basics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQwg9vG_7E0
To learn more about Dyuti Majumdar and his work - please visit http://artandmemories.com/
Payment and Missed Class Policy:
Training requires consistency in order to achieve the most benefit. However, we understand that students may occasionally need to miss a class. Use the following guidelines to ensure that you get the most out of your classes at The Academy of Creative Arts.
- Your fees are due on or before the first class in a month
- Payment may be made by cash, check or credit card
- If you pay for several months in advance and cannot complete all months, we will refund months not used when notice is received before the beginning of the month
- If you or your child plan to miss a class - 48 hour advance notice is required - so another student can be accommodated - if the student does not provide 48 hour notice, student can coordinate the make-up class with the instructor.
- Your monthly fee pays for your space in class for the month. It is your responsibility to make up classes if you or your child miss the class.
- One makeup class will be offered each month. During any month that you are enrolled, you may make up a class by attending any other appropriate session (please coordinate with the instructor for scheduling the make up class). Make up classes should be completed within 60 days of missing the class. Fees for missed classes are not refundable.
- If you are having trouble scheduling a make up class, please let us know and we will try to accommodate you
- Class timings and schedule are subject to change
We wish you a wonderful learning experience - these policies are required so that we can be respectful of the instructors time and commitment.