ODISSI DANCE BY MOULI PAL
CLASS : JOURNEY INTO ODISSI
Fees: $100 - 5 Class Package
Students: 4 - 6 students per class
Location: 12 A Street, Burlington, MA 01803
Day/Time: 45 min class every week
Class Description: Journey into Odissi
These sessions give a glimpse into the graceful and lyrical dance form Odissi. Appropriate for beginners and also intermediate level dancers, the classes will feature both fundamentals along with an innovative choreography that explores the techniques. The instructor strives to provide an authentic exposure to the nuances of Odissi while facilitating experiencing the dance form through movements and music.
Adults and Youth: (13 year and above)
- Body conditioning Warm up, stretches, posture
- Odissi Fundamentals, basic postures, positions and steps
- Choreography: Lyrical Liquids (music will be provided)
Kids: (6 to 13)
- Body conditioning: Warm up, stretches, posture
- Odissi Fundamentals, basic steps, mudras and feet position
- Choreography: Awakening to Spring (music will be provided)
About Odissi :
Odissi is not a dance form to entertain people but to inspire and elevate.
It is an ancient, breathtakingly beautiful form of sacred dance, which was originally performed in temples as a worship ritual.
Highly stylized in nature, it utilizes powerful, energetic footwork with graceful postures and movements to create an illusion of sculpture coming to life. Handed down from teacher to disciple for thousands of years, Odissi emphasizes, and in fact, centers around spirituality and devotion.
Practice of this dance form rejuvenates the body, refreshes the mind and creates a positive energy.
About the Instructor : Mouli Pal
Mouli is an exponent of Odissi and intensively trained under the direct tutelage of the legendary Guru Kelucharan Mohapatra, in India.
For the past 15 years she has been working to promote the dance through concerts, workshops and demonstrations.
A much sought after touring artist, Mouli is regularly presented by Museums, Universities, Libraries, Schools and Cultural Institutions across United States and also in India.
She is the founder and director of Upasana Odissi Inc. a Non-Profit Organization for the promotion and preservation of Odissi.
Mouli has received several honors and awards including grants from NEFA- New England Foundation for the Arts and Mass Cultural Council. She was honored by Massachusetts State Senator, Jamie Eldridge for her contribution to promoting arts and culture. She is a member of International Dance Council- CID UNESCO and was invited to perform at their first congress in United States held in Florida in September 2015.
An extremely dedicated teacher, Mouli gently introduces children as well as adults to the intricate dance form, gently and authentically.
Payment and Missed Class Policy:
Training requires consistency in order to achieve the most benefit. However, we understand that students may occasionally need to miss a class. Use the following guidelines to ensure that you get the most out of your classes at The Academy of Creative Arts.
- Your fees are due on or before the first class in a month
- Payment may be made by cash, check or credit card
- If you pay for several months in advance and cannot complete all months, we will refund months not used when notice is received before the beginning of the month
- If you or your child plan to miss a class - 48 hour advance notice is required - so another student can be accommodated - if the student does not provide 48 hour notice, student can coordinate the make-up class with the instructor.
- Your monthly fee pays for your space in class for the month. It is your responsibility to make up classes if you or your child miss the class.
- Only one makeup class will be offered each month. During any month that you are enrolled, you may make up a class by attending any other appropriate session (please coordinate with the instructor for scheduling the make up class). Make up classes should be completed within 60 days of missing the class. Fees for missed classes are not refundable.
- If you are having trouble scheduling a make up class, please let us know and we will try to accommodate you
- Class timings and schedule are subject to change
We wish you a wonderful learning experience - these policies are required so that we can be respectful of the instructors time and commitment.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMANTORY POLICY AS TO STUDENTS
Academy of Creative Arts / Creative Academy, Inc. admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.