- Beginner/Intermediate (Kids) : Sunday 2:30-3:15pm (Starts Sept 10th)
- Beginner/Intermediate (Teens/Adults) : Sunday 3:15-4pm (Starts Sept 10th)
- Class Duration: 45 min class every week
- Fees: $25 per class (Drop ins @$30)
- Students: 4 – 6 students per class
Gopi Shanker is an acclaimed flautist trained in the Hindustani (North Indian) Classical tradition of playing the Bansuri, the bamboo flute of India. He received his initial training under Shri Pundalik Shenoy and Shri Satyam Rai. He then came under the tutelage of Guru Deepak Ram, who is a senior disciple of the legendary Pt. Hariprasad Chaurasia to receive advanced training. Gopi is currently perfecting his art and the intricacies of raagdari under the guidance of Shri Puspen Dey, a senior disciple of the renowned sarod player Pt. Buddhadeb Dasgupta. Gopi is a regular performer in the greater Boston area and has featured in numerous concerts at venues like the Museum of Fine Arts Boston, Wellesley College, MITHAS, IAGB and other cultural and community events in Boston and in India. Outside the pure classical genre, Gopi has also performed with and recorded an album for the Boston-based band “Apaar Bangla”.
Payment and Missed Class Policy:
Training requires consistency in order to achieve the most benefit. However, we understand that students may occasionally need to miss a class. Use the following guidelines to ensure that you get the most out of your classes at The Academy of Creative Arts.
- Your fees are due on or before the first class in a month
- Payment may be made by cash, check or credit card
- If you pay for several months in advance and cannot complete all months, we will refund months not used when notice is received before the beginning of the month
- If you or your child plan to miss a class - 48 hour advance notice is required - so another student can be accommodated - if the student does not provide 48 hour notice, student can coordinate the make-up class with the instructor.
- Your monthly fee pays for your space in class for the month. It is your responsibility to make up classes if you or your child miss the class.
- One makeup class will be offered each month. During any month that you are enrolled, you may make up a class by attending any other appropriate session (please coordinate with the instructor for scheduling the make up class). Make up classes should be completed within 60 days of missing the class. Fees for missed classes are not refundable.
- If you are having trouble scheduling a make up class, please let us know and we will try to accommodate you
- Class timings and schedule are subject to change
We wish you a wonderful learning experience - these policies are required so that we can be respectful of the instructors time and commitment.