DRAWING AND PAINTING FOR KIDS & YOUTH BY DR. JAVA JOSHI & TEAM:
- Little Van Gogh (Ages 4 - 6 +/-)
- Growing Picasso (Ages 7 - 15)
- Class Duration: 1 hour class every week
- Fees: $25 per 1 hr class (Drop ins @$30)
- Students: 6 – 8 students per class
Wednesday (by Dr. Java Joshi)
- 4:30 - 5:30 pm
- 5:30 - 6:30 pm
Thursday (by Dr. Java Joshi)
- 4-5 pm
- 5-6 pm
Saturday (by Dr. Java Joshi)
- 10 - 11 am
- 11 - 12 pm
- 12 - 1pm
Tuesday (by Richa Doshi)
- 6:30 - 7:30 pm
ABOUT DR. JAVA JOSHI (FOUNDER):
Born in India, at a young age Java earned several accolades in addition to earning Masters in Fine Arts and Ph.D. in Drawing & Painting from India.
Early in her career (at age of 13), Java was influenced by Intuitive Abstract Expressionism. Been involved in both, painting and performing arts, a large portion of her work reflects relationship between art of painting and theatre, with paintings based on themes of plays/theatre from across the world. Her recent collection of paintings is based on Indian Folk Dances prior to which the collection was based on habitats and lifestyles of Indian villages.
She has spent time in commercial arts (graphic and web design) as well as fine arts of drawing and painting. She has worked in advertising firms and now shares the passion of arts through teaching.
Her style of using bright and vibrant colors allows her to express her imagination in a way that is refreshing & eye catching. She expresses herself in oil, acrylic, pencil and ink, sometimes combining non-traditional mediums.
She says: “When observing my work, I would like you to feel energized and refreshed.”
Class Schedule and Descriptions:
Little Van Gogh (Ages 3-6 +/-)
This class is perfect for the children who like to color, draw, paint, and express themselves. We do fun art activities based on fundamental principles of art, but to be loosely interpreted by each little Van Gogh in the class. We encourage individuality and stress the importance of each child making their art their own way.
Growing Picasso - Drawing and Painting Class (Ages 7-18)
This class is designed for both beginner and intermediate artists. Each child will receive individual instruction based on their own skill level. This class is one hour jam packed with hands on instruction in drawing techniques, color theory, color mixing with water/acrylic/oil paint, painting techniques, brush care/use, compositional studies, and much more.
Grown-up Frida (Ages 18+)
This class is designed for the adults who like to color, draw, paint, and express themselves. Each adult will receive individual instruction based on their own skill level. Each class is one hour with hands on instruction in drawing techniques, color theory, color mixing with water/acrylic/oil paint, painting techniques, brush care/use, compositional studies, and much more..
Payment and Missed Class Policy:
Training requires consistency in order to achieve the most benefit. However, we understand that students may occasionally need to miss a class. Use the following guidelines to ensure that you get the most out of your classes at The Academy of Creative Arts.
- Your fees are due on or before the first class in a month
- Payment may be made by cash, check or credit card
- If you pay for several months in advance and cannot complete all months, we will refund months not used when notice is received before the beginning of the month
- If you or your child plan to miss a class - 48 hour advance notice is required - so another student can be accommodated - if the student does not provide 48 hour notice, student can coordinate the make-up class with the instructor.
- Your monthly fee pays for your space in class for the month. It is your responsibility to make up classes if you or your child miss the class.
- One makeup class will be offered each month. During any month that you are enrolled, you may make up a class by attending any other appropriate session (please coordinate with the instructor for scheduling the make up class). Make up classes should be completed within 60 days of missing the class. Fees for missed classes are not refundable.
- If you are having trouble scheduling a make up class, please let us know and we will try to accommodate you.
- Class timings and schedule are subject to change
We wish you a wonderful learning experience - these policies are required so that we can be respectful of the instructors time and commitment.