What is Bollywood Dance ?
Bollywood Dancing is one of the most versatile dancing styles around that brings together dance styles from India and around the world to create its own unique technique. Music is the soul of Bollywood dancing and ranges from Indian classical,modern to world fusion like Hip Hop,Latin,Jazz etc..
As with any other physical activity,dancing is one of the fun ways to burn calories and learn something new at the same time.Bollywood dancing will do that for you. These classes are for kids, men and women who want to achieve the following goals:
Also, if you have any of the following needs:
- Wedding/Special occasion coming up? Want to prepare a Bollywood dance?
- Want to impress friends with your dance skills? Want private/couple lessons?
- Simply want to learn Bollywood style dance?
- Interested in Bollywood Dance & Fitness? Yes we can help you get fit in a fun manner... :-)
- Learn how to dance
- Have fun
- Explore another culture
- Burn Calories
It’s everything you want in one style of dance!
BOLLYWOOD DANCE WORKOUT
Experience a unique workout style with Bollywood Dance and music.Dance the bollywood way and you will experience a total body workout without even realizing it..
The classes are one hour each. Shikha choreographs all sessions herself which makes the workout versatile and customizable based on the attendees. The sessions are are high on energy and fun. We could be dancing to top 10 songs and will switch to the 50’s,60’s ,jump to some latin music to some Bhangra to some hip hop to folk ...
We are very excited to bring this program to the New England area and hope to see you at our workout classes.
Whether you want Group or Private Lessons - CALL US - WE CAN HELP
Class Duration: 1 hour class every week | Fees: $15 per 1 hr class (Drop ins welcome @ $18)
To register and pay online - Please Select Your Class below:
To manually register and pay by check/cash - please click on "MANUAL REGISTRATION FORM".
Location: 12 A Street, Burlington, MA 01803
Time: NEW BATCHES
- Thus 7:15 - 8 pm (Kids) - Ongoing
- Sat 1 - 2pm - (Kids) - Starts Sept 10
- Sat 2 - 3 pm - (Teens+Adults) - Starts Sept 10
- Thus 7:30 - 8:15 pm (BollyX Workout)
- Sun 10.15 - 11 am (BollyX Workout)
Shikha is a trained Kathak Dancer and award winning Bollywood dance choreographer and dancer.
Shikha has been dancing ,performing and choreographing in the Boston area.
for more than 10 years. Shikha has extensive experience in Bollywood style of dancing from the classics to the contemporary.
She considers competitions as a way to challenge and hence improve oneself and has participated and won many dance competitions locally like Swaraag,Boston Sargam, Gurjar Super Moms and the like as well as in India.She is also regularly invited by various Indian and Non- Indian social and cultural organizations to conduct Bollywood Dance workshops.
A trained Kathak dancer, Shikha is passionate about preserving the folk dancing styles of India and incorporates a lot of that in her choreography and performances.
Experience a new approach to Bollywood Dancing with Shikha at ACA that will get you closer to the music,dance and culture of Bollywood,of India and see how it incorporates with dancing styles from around the world.You will never miss a beat ever,we promise.
Dipal had been teaching in NY and has recently moved from NY to MA. She was only 9 years old when she started learning Bharatanatyam at the famous “Nrityabharati Institute of Performing Arts” in Ahmedabad India, run by the renowned dancer, Elakshiben Thakore. She completed her “Arangetral” at age 15. At that young age, she volunteered to teach Bharatnatyam at the Nrityabharati Institute right after. She has performed in over 55 shows, both domestic and international and her work has been featured on National television in India as well. She continued her practice/teaching after moving to NY, USA. She now has ~15 years of teaching experience and has mentored hundreds of students from age 2 to 35 over the years. Students have performed at various cultural as well as academic stage shows.
Dipal has excelled in the modern day “Bollywood style dancing”. She is very passionate about all forms of dancing and can keep the distinction between each of them. She loves to share the passion of dance/fitness through teaching. Her objective is to connect the cultures and spread the awareness through music and dance
Payment and Missed Class Policy:
Training requires consistency in order to achieve the most benefit. However, we understand that students may occasionally need to miss a class. Use the following guidelines to ensure that you get the most out of your classes at The Academy of Creative Arts.
- Your fees are due on or before the first class in a month
- Payment may be made by cash, check or credit card
- If you pay for several months in advance and cannot complete all months, we will refund months not used when notice is received before the beginning of the month
- If you or your child plan to miss a class - 48 hour advance notice is required - so another student can be accommodated - if the student does not provide 48 hour notice, student can coordinate the make-up class with the instructor.
- Your monthly fee pays for your space in class for the month. It is your responsibility to make up classes if you or your child miss the class.
- One makeup class will be offered each month. During any month that you are enrolled, you may make up a class by attending any other appropriate session (please coordinate with the instructor for scheduling the make up class). Make up classes should be completed within 60 days of missing the class. Fees for missed classes are not refundable.
- If you are having trouble scheduling a make up class, please let us know and we will try to accommodate you
- Class timings and schedule are subject to change
We wish you a wonderful learning experience - these policies are required so that we can be respectful of the instructors time and commitment.