3D ART, PRINTING & ROBOTICS
Learning 3D Art, Printing & Electronics Class
- Ages : 9 - 14 years
- Date : 8 week session
- Time/Day : Sat 1:15 - 2:15pm
- Cost : $200 + $30 (Kit)
- We will provide : Laptops, Microbit kit
- Items students go home with : Microbit kit
PROGRAM CURRICULUM - 8 WEEK COURSE OVERVIEW
Introduction to 3D design & printing using Tinkercad
- Introductions, Objectives and preview of 3D objects
- Learn about primitives (or shapes) you can use for modeling
- Create these objects using the shapes - Using primitives like cube, cylinder, wedge, sphere and more
- Learn Workflow: design – slice – print
- Explore the process of Slice & Print
- Printing demo of printer in the class & show some interesting videos!
Introduction to Electronics and Applications with Microbit
- Introduction to electronics of Robot and various components
- Introduction to Microbit kit
- Introduction to Motobit & their various electronic components and sensors
- Introduction basics of programming – We will use Makecode
- Mini hands-on projects using Makecode
Presentations & Certificates - Mini presentation of what you learnt in the course!
Payment and Missed Class Policy:
Training requires consistency in order to achieve the most benefit. However, we understand that students may occasionally need to miss a class. Use the following guidelines to ensure that you get the most out of your classes at The Academy of Creative Arts.
- Your fees are due on or before the first class in a month
- Payment may be made by cash, check or credit card
- If you pay for several months in advance and cannot complete all months, we will refund months not used when notice is received before the beginning of the month
- If you or your child plan to miss a class - 48 hour advance notice is required - so another student can be accommodated - if the student does not provide 48 hour notice, student can coordinate the make-up class with the instructor.
- Your monthly fee pays for your space in class for the month. It is your responsibility to make up classes if you or your child miss the class.
- One makeup class will be offered each month. During any month that you are enrolled, you may make up a class by attending any other appropriate session (please coordinate with the instructor for scheduling the make up class). Make up classes should be completed within 60 days of missing the class. Fees for missed classes are not refundable.
- If you are having trouble scheduling a make up class, please let us know and we will try to accommodate you.
- Class timings and schedule are subject to change
We wish you a wonderful learning experience - these policies are required so that we can be respectful of the instructors time and commitment.