3D ART, PRINTING & ROBOTICS SUMMER PROGRAM
- Ages : 10 - 14 years
- Date : July 24th - 28th | Aug 14th -18th
- Time : 9:30am - 3:30pm
- Cost : $330
- What to Bring : Lunch, Snack & drink
- We will provide : Laptops, Robot (car) kit
- Items students go home with : 3D printed objects, Robot (car) kit
PROGRAM CURRICULUM - 1 WEEK COURSE OVERVIEW
Day 1/2 Introduction to 3D design & printing using Tinkercad Projects like creating Personalized Nametag, Box-in-the-ball etc. while learning 3D design
Day 1 – 3D Design and Printing end-to-end process
- Introductions, Objectives and preview of 3D objects
- Computer representation of 3D Models,
- Learn Workflow: design – slice – print
- Introduction to Tinkercad, design original objects
Day 2 - Introduction to slicer software to prepare objects for 3D printing
- Practice designing objects like - nametag, box-in-the-ball, car, bracelet, flowerpot or any such thing
- Simple projects to use primitive objects
Day 3, 4,5 Introduction to Electronics and Robotics
Day 4/5 – Assemble & Program the robot
- • Assemble the mechanical and electronics on to the robot
- • Test the robot assembly and iterate on the design process to fix issues
- • Complete the robot assembly and test different components of the robot
- • Program the robot and ensure everything is working correctly
- • Share the project with other members of the workshop!
Day 3 – Introduction to Electronics and Robotics
- • Introduction electronics and various components
- • Introduction to Arduino microcontroller and its environment
- • Program Arduino microcontroller
- • Basic projects using Arduino & various electronic components and sensors
Design the robot (after-noon)
- • Understand the engineering design process
- • Review the components of the robot kit
- • Design the mechanical components and the function of the robot
3D Educational Services
The objective of this workshop is to train students in 3D skills which include 3D Modeling, 3D Printing and the use of 3D technology. Upon the conclusion of the workshop each participant will have the 3D knowledge and tools to improve their perception of objects both simple and complex, and how to view them in various dimensions and physically create 3D objects using the printer. The workshop will engage the students through a series of projects with increasing complexity, culminating with a Robotics project.
Satish Mantripragada is an accomplished business executive, founder & startup adviser with 25+ years engineering and management experience in the IT and Computer Communications fields. He recently developed a startup company in the Ed-tech space using mobile applications that was acquired by Pragya Systems in May 2016. He is currently an Educational Consultant at 3D Educational Services.
Nandu Vellal has over 18 years of experience in software development and project management in the Manufacturing and IT industries. In 2014, he co-founded Creation Station – a children’s high-tech learning center and makerspace where he has taught digital fabrication programs. As a co-founder of 3DES Inc., Nandu has re-directed his efforts to apply low-cost 3D Printing and related technology to foster 3D skills and further STEM education in area public schools.
Nandu & Satish in their free time like to work with kids on teaching fun technology projects!
Payment and Missed Class Policy:
Training requires consistency in order to achieve the most benefit. However, we understand that students may occasionally need to miss a class. Use the following guidelines to ensure that you get the most out of your classes at The Academy of Creative Arts.
- Your fees are due on or before the first class in a month
- Payment may be made by cash, check or credit card
- If you pay for several months in advance and cannot complete all months, we will refund months not used when notice is received before the beginning of the month
- If you or your child plan to miss a class - 48 hour advance notice is required - so another student can be accommodated - if the student does not provide 48 hour notice, student can coordinate the make-up class with the instructor.
- Your monthly fee pays for your space in class for the month. It is your responsibility to make up classes if you or your child miss the class.
- One makeup class will be offered each month. During any month that you are enrolled, you may make up a class by attending any other appropriate session (please coordinate with the instructor for scheduling the make up class). Make up classes should be completed within 60 days of missing the class. Fees for missed classes are not refundable.
- If you are having trouble scheduling a make up class, please let us know and we will try to accommodate you
- Class timings and schedule are subject to change
We wish you a wonderful learning experience - these policies are required so that we can be respectful of the instructors time and commitment.